Andrea’s approach involves a blend of hands-on treatment (“manual therapy”), exercise treatment, and patient education. She brings strong listening and problem-solving skills to her practice, and enjoys customizing her treatment to each patient’s unique situation.
On top of her university education and experience, Andrea has completed training in complex pain, concussions, and the jaw (i.e. “temporomandibular disorders”).
Andrea is from a family of physiotherapists, and her own path to the health and fitness industry started at a young age. As a child, she enjoyed doing 80s aerobics videos in the living room with her physiotherapist mother. By age 20, she was certified as a group fitness instructor and taught exercise classes for over a decade. Through this role, she developed a love for motivating others and helping them achieve their health and fitness goals.
Andrea lives in Golden, B.C., and enjoys mountain biking, skiing, and trail running here. Her favourite activity is kitesurfing, which she does on the B.C. coast at least once a year. Andrea loves folk music, and started learning the banjo in 2019.
- College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia
- Registered Physiotherapist
- Element Therapeutics, Physiotherapist (locum), 2018 – present
- River East Physiotherapy and Sport Fitness Clinics, Director, 2018 – present
- Group Fitness Instructor (YMCA & CanFitPro certified), 2001 – 2011