To become a naturopathic physician, Dr. Erika first completed a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, with a pre-medical focus. This was then followed by four years at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in Toronto where she completed the ND (Naturopathic Doctor) program in 2004. Upon graduation she opened a solo practice in Whitby, Ontario and by 2010 she expanded and opened a multi-disciplinary clinic featuring naturopathic medicine, acupuncture, massage therapy, reflexology and doula services. She was recognized by her community for this endeavor and was the recipient of the 2011 Whitby Chamber of Commerce Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
When her husband was offered a job in Golden, BC, the lifestyle was hard to resist. So in 2013, Dr. Erika was opening a smaller, but just as rewarding, home-based practice. Since then, the addition of a little one prompted a transition to practicing at Element Therapeutics, allowing her to maintain a sense of balance between her professional career and home life.
Dr. Erika is continually expanding and upgrading her skills to bring the most to her patients. In addition to attending yearly conventions to stay current on developments in the profession, she has also completed advanced coursework in hydrotherapy and sports medicine acupuncture.
Dr. Erika’s most recent educational endeavor is one she is extremely passionate about. By spring 2018, she will have completed the Advanced Certificate in Gerontology from Selkirk College. By applying the knowledge she obtained from this program to her practice, she hopes to bring more healthcare resources and support to the seniors in our community.
DR. ERIKA BUCKLEY-STROBEL
- BSc, Biology/Pre-Med, 2000
- ND, Doctor of Naturopathy, 2004
- Hydrotherapy according to Kneipp training – Bad Woerishofen, Germany, 2009
- Certificate of Acupuncture from the College of Naturopathic Physicians of BC, 2012
- Prescribing Rights Certificate from the College of Naturopathic Physicians of BC, 2014
- Certificate in Gerontology – Selkirk College, Competed spring 2014
- Naturopathic Physician at Element Therapeutics (May, 2017 to present) in Golden, BC
- Owner and Naturopathic Physician at Aqua Vitalis Naturopathic (2012-present) in Golden, BC
- Owner and Naturopathic Doctor at Aqua Vitalis Naturopathic (2010-2012) in Whitby, ON
- Naturopathic Doctor at Your Health Chiropractic (2007-2010) in Port Perry, ON
- Naturopathic Doctor at Whitby Chiropractic Group (2004-2010) in Whitby, ON