Kristie is an orthopedic and pelvic health physiotherapist, yoga teacher, and certified yoga therapist. She graduated with a Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation in Physiotherapy from the University of Manitoba in 2009 and took her 200 hour yoga teacher training in India shortly after. A few years after blending Physiotherapy with yoga teaching, Kristie was inspired to take an internationally accredited therapeutic yoga certification (1000 hours) with Functional Synergy in Calgary, AB. This helped her build the bridge between conventional western health care and a more holistic healing approach. A few years ago, she added pelvic health into her physiotherapy practice, and uses a biopsychosocial approach to help women and men with their pelvic health concerns.
She is passionate about learning and continues to take courses, especially around the topics of pain science and pelvic health.
Kristie teaches workshops and regularly integrates physiotherapy with yoga for clients and students, offering a bit of both for a unique learning experience. She loves to break down the barriers to yoga and offers classes and sessions to those who may never have tried it otherwise.
Her Physio-Yoga classes are a welcoming and adaptable place where “the classes are flexible, and the students are not”!
Kristie is the owner of Golden Lotus Yoga Studio, and works as a Physiotherapist and Yoga Therapist at Element Therapeutics, offering Specialized Physiotherapy treatments including Pelvic Health and Physio-Yoga.
Tuesday 9:30-4 (YT & Pelvic Health)
Wednesday 9:30-4 (PT)
Thursday 9:30-4:30 (YT & Pelvic Health)
- University of Manitoba, School of Medical Rehabilitation in PT, 2009
- Sivananda Yoga, Madurai India, 2011
- Functional Synergy Therapeutic Yoga Certification, 2015
- Pelvic Health Solutions Level 1, 2016 & Level 2, 2017 & Level 3, 2018
- Element Therapeutics, Physiotherapist 2015-present
- Element Therapeutics, Clinic Director 2015-2018
- Golden Physiotherapy, Physiotherapist 2010-2015
- Golden Lotus Ayurveda, Yoga Instructor, 2012-2017
- Golden Lotus Yoga Studio, Owner & Yoga Instructor, 2017-present