During university, Leanne enjoyed playing soccer and squash as well as participating in jujitsu and judo where she earned her brown belt. Leanne’s interest includes snowboarding, rock climbing, whitewater kayaking, camping and walking her dog. Although both her work and school have taken Leanne all over Canada, she is looking forward to rediscovering the Mountain lifestyle not far from where she grew up. Through her sport and academic career, she has created a passion to pursue physiotherapy as a career.
Leanne is a member of the Sports Medicine BC and the BC section of Sports Physiotherapy Canada. She also a member of Acupuncture Canada and offers acupuncture as part of a comprehensive treatment along with manual therapy and exercise prescription for all musculoskeletal disorders whether they are cause whether by sports, car accidents, or everyday life. Leanne believes that taking the time to listen to her clients, as well as explaining the clinical reasoning behind the injury and treatments, are essential to successful outcomes. Leanne has a special interest in pursuing further post-graduate qualifications in manual therapy and sports physiotherapy.
- Bachelors of Kinesiology from University of Calgary
- Physiotherapy Queens University, Acupuncture Level 1 and 2
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Certification
- Return to Play Post-Concussion Management Certification
- Element Therapeutics 2019-present
- Thrive Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic Vernon 2017
- Vernon Vipers Junior A Hockey Physiotherapist 2017-2019